Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj Party Chief and UP Minister Om Prakash Rajbhar accused BJP of creating confusion and not fulfilling his party's demands on Friday. He said the option to join the SP-BSP alliance in the state for the upcoming elections is open.
Rajbhar said the decision on retaining or severing ties with BJP will be taken after February 24.
The threat came hours after another key ally, Apna Dal claimed to make its own free decisions after giving time to BJP till 20th February. Meanwhile, Rajbhar expressed his disappointment by writing to UP CM Yogi Adityanath to give up the charge of the backward class welfare department as his recommendations on the appointment of state backward castes panel members were ignored.
Even after being assured that the matter will be looked into, the SBSP chief complained of the matter not being accepted by the CM.
On being questioned about the possibilities of parting ways with BJP, Rajbhar said that the option of tying up with the SP-BSP alliance or with any other party is open.
Earlier this month BJP was threatened by SBSP to part ways if the UP government led by BJP didn’t implement a social justice panel's recommendation to classify various OBC and Dalit sub-castes into three broad categories and provide quota within quota to them. The committee was constituted in May 2018 which the matter of classification and quota.
The backward class account for approximately 44 percent of the electorate in the state and thus play a crucial role in making or destroying the political prospects of any party.